How do I create a MAPI profile for POP3?
a MAPI profile for POP3.
the instructions below to set up a MAPI profile in Window for POP3. You will
need to do set up a MAPI profile if you want to use the MAPI interface option
in IsItUp for email setup.
- Go to the control panel and select the Icon labeled
- Select the Show Profiles button.
- If any names appear in the list box, you have a MAPI
profile setup already. If you
are not familiar with MAPI profiles, proceed with caution as you may make
an existing MAPI profile in use inoperative. Select the Add button.
- Choose a name for your new MAPI Profile.
- Select the Next> button.
- Select the POP3 radio button and then select the
- Fill in you POP3 information provided by you ISP. Make
sure that the Remember password check box is checked. Be sure to test you settings with
the Test Account Settings button. After a successful test, select
- Select the finish
- Then launch IsItUp and selected the configuration
screen. It should look as follows:
- Make sure that the MAPI profile name is the same as was
selected in step 4 and that the password is blank.
it turns out, depending on your operating system and MAPI version, that screens
may appear some what different but this should get you through it. If you have additional problems, please
do not hesitate to contact us.